Alongside our Caseworkers and Handypersons, we employ Technical Officers with expertise in larger building works to advise you and help you through the process.
If Care & Repair in Powys is able to help then we will:
- Give free, confidential and impartial advice on repairs and adaptations
- Help you choose a reliable builder and obtain written estimates
- Give advice about how to pay for the work
- Help you fill in forms for grants and loans and deal with their administration
- Liaise with the Local Authority grants department, social services department, Local Health Board and other agencies as necessary
- Provide help and support when work is in progress
- Ensure that you are fully satisfied with the work before payment is made
- There are no obligations to accept the advice offered; all decisions about the work and finance ultimately rest with you
If you are financing or arranging repairs or adaptations yourself but need technical support, we can help but there may be a fee for this.