Who is eligible to be a client of Care & Repair in Powys?
- Residents of Powys
- People aged 60 or over
- People who are homeowners or private tenants
What difference do we make for our clients?
- In 2014/15 we assisted 2,087 individuals.
- The average age of our clients is 75 years old and 12% of the people we helped were aged 90 years or over.
- In 2014/15 we helped 111 people return to their home from hospital and we completed work that prevented 1,178 hospital admissions.
- We assisted 1,519 clients to reduce or prevent their chance of falls.
- 164 clients had their personal safety and home security improved.
- Through our direct help in obtaining additional welfare benefits, we increased 56 clients’ income by a combined total of £164,903 per year
- We raised £36,509 of benevolent funding for our clients towards the cost of building works.