Our Data Controller is the Director of Care & Repair in Powys for purposes of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Data and Information Collected
To operate our website it is essential to collect or process certain data, such as the following:
- Information regarding your visits to our website, any resources you used such as traffic data, location data, weblogs, and any communication data (these items are included, but not limited to those specified).
- Forms filled out on our website allow us to collect information about you regarding registration, membership, donations, email newsletters, forums.
- Any data collected from communications to us from you, for any reason.
We may gather information regarding your computer for our services. This collection of data is used for statistical analysis about our website for use by us. Any information shared will not identify who you are, but rather be mathematical data about our visitors and their use on our site. The data does not give out any personal details.
All computers can block cookies by activating proper browser settings. There is a place to enable you to decline cookies under the notification. Please note if you decline cookies you may experience limited access to certain areas of our site.
Any information collected and stored regarding you enables us to offer better services to you. We may also use the data collected for the following:
- We may use data you provided in order to offer you information you asked for from our site, in direct relation to our services or products. We may also send information on services or products we feel might interest you, as long as you have consented to such communications.
- Any commitments we make to you may require use of your information, used only to fulfil your request.
- We may use your information to explain any changes our website has undergone such as structural or service/ product modifications, which could affect our service to you.
- An existing customer may require contact regarding goods or services that were a subject of an earlier case.
- A new customer may be contacted by us or a third party if you have consented to such communication.
- If you do not wish communication from our website or a third party you will be given the opportunity to decline said communication. We will not allow your information collected while you were on our site to be used by us or a third party if the consent is withheld.
- Please understand that we do not share information that is going to identify you to our third party associates. However, on occasion we may provide them with statistics about our site’s visitors.
Personal Data Storage
- No personal information other than that which is submitted in the contact form is stored by the system. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “crpowys.co.uk” nor our associated companies shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- Data you provide us with will be stored on secure servers. We endeavour to maintain security but will not be held responsible for any deliberate 'hacks' or breaches of security leading to loss of data which could not be prevented via our security systems.
- Transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure, thus a guarantee of data sent electronically or transmitted cannot be given. Information offered is therefore at your own risk. If given a password or chosen to obtain a password, you can access the secure section, requiring the password to remain confidential by you, as your responsibility.
Sharing Your Information
If applicable, we may share your personal information to any group member. This will include subsidiaries or holding companies we may work with, as well as their subsidiaries if any. Personal Information may be shared with third parties:
- If we sell part or all of our business or assets we may share personal information to a third party.
- When legally requested, we may share your information.
- Fraud protection and to minimise credit risk may require a sharing of your information.
Third Party Links
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides you with rights to access any information we may collect and store about you. If you wish to have access to this information it may be subject to a £10 payment fee, used to cover our costs regarding the information you requested. If you wish to access this data please provide contact details below.
Questions regarding the above statements should be directed to us for clarification by email, or write to us at:
Care & Repair in Powys
Ty Canol House